New in Sweden
Understanding and communication skills for workplace culture and daily life
Social life, at work and organizational culture!
A training program for you who are new to Sweden and eager to learn about usual Swedish social norms at work and in daily life to have an effective communication with Swedes. Attending this program is a fast track to find answers to your questions about Swedish work and business culture. With our knowledge and experience, we prepare you for entering the Swedish work and business society.
- Enhance intercultural competence.
- Understand and be able to interact and communicate effectively and with respect in Sweden.
- Adapt and enrich communication and cooperation in daily work to achieve better results.
A full day for 1-8 participants
Experience a workshop combining lectures and interactive exercises in a fun and interesting way.
We can customize this training program to meet your organization’s specific needs by adapting both the design and content. Below are examples of different training designs:
Half a day for 6-22 participants
These fun workshops are a combination of lectures and interactive exercises which introduce you to the chosen topic and provide enough knowledge for a basic understanding of it. We create engagement that enables you to identify areas for improvement.
1-4 days for 6-16 participants
In addition to providing basic information and simple understanding of the topic, this workshop provides practical skills. Lectures are varied with interactive exercises. The focus is on practicing communication and interaction skills that can be then used in practice in everyday work.
45-90 min in 1-2 days for 1-3 participants
Our consultations include personal and small group coaching, guidance, education and training. During our consultation time, we develop individual skills, strategies and give specific advice based on the clients’ own questions.
45-90 min per session for 1-3 participants
Our consultations include individual and small group coaching, guidance, education and training. During our consultation time, we develop individual skills, strategies and give specific advice based on the clients’ own questions.
20 min-2 hours for 10 to 300 participants
All our lectures are inspirational lectures that create enthusiasm for a new subject and the discovery of a new area of knowledge. We help you to see greater and better possibilities and motivate you to willingly make the needed changes needed.
We combine workshops, training material and strategic consultations to target the specific challenges of your organization at different levels of department, board or the whole organization. In this package, we apply the wholeness approach to change and organizational development. Through this, we make sure that everyone within your organization shares the same understanding of the working culture you desire and have the necessary tools to live it every day.
Introduction to Intercultural Competence
- Introduction to what culture and intercultural competence are.
- Practical advice about how one should work across cultures.
- The challenge of perceptions and stereotyping.
Understand and Compare Cultures
- Through research about cultural value dimensions we compare Sweden with the different countries participants have experience of.
- How your own culture is perceived by others and how that effect interactions.
- Personal values and organizational values.
Adapted Communication is Efficient Communication
- Communicative tips and tricks to avoid misunderstanding.
- The art of adapting without losing yourself.
- Strategies to bridge the difference between different communication styles.
Cultural Traits in Sweden
- Is there anything”Typically Swedish”?
- Usual cultural traits that have an influence on the intercultural meeting.
- Work and business culture.
- Reasons to why it´s difficult to move between countries.
- Strategies for adaptation and re-adaptation.