Working with China
Build a relationship and avoid cultural misunderstandings
A training program for you that want to understand China and the Chinese better.
Learn to communicate both effective and respectful and build lasting and profitable relations. China is an incredible country that offers many possibilities. Unfortunately, it is still usual with cultural misunderstandings and difficulties since mindset and communication differ from the west. The training program gives the necessary knowledge and skills to work together to avoid misunderstanding.
- Create common knowledge and understanding of intercultural competence to improve building business and work-related relationship in China.
- Raise necessary self-awareness and build necessary communicative skills for efficient and respectful communication in China.
- Preparation to travel, live and work in China.
A full day for 6-16 participants
Experience a workshop combining lectures and interactive exercises in a fun and interesting way.
We can customize this training program to meet your organization’s specific needs by adapting both the design and content. Below are examples of different training designs:
Half a day for 6-22 participants
These fun workshops are a combination of lectures and interactive exercises which introduce you to the chosen topic and provide enough knowledge for a basic understanding of it. We create engagement that enables you to identify areas for improvement.
1-4 days for 6-16 participants
In addition to providing basic information and simple understanding of the topic, this workshop provides practical skills. Lectures are varied with interactive exercises. The focus is on practicing communication and interaction skills that can be then used in practice in everyday work.
45-90 min in 1-2 days for 1-3 participants
Our consultations include personal and small group coaching, guidance, education and training. During our consultation time, we develop individual skills, strategies and give specific advice based on the clients’ own questions.
45-90 min per session for 1-3 participants
Our consultations include individual and small group coaching, guidance, education and training. During our consultation time, we develop individual skills, strategies and give specific advice based on the clients’ own questions.
20 min-2 hours for 10 to 300 participants
All our lectures are inspirational lectures that create enthusiasm for a new subject and the discovery of a new area of knowledge. We help you to see greater and better possibilities and motivate you to willingly make the needed changes needed.
We combine workshops, training material and strategic consultations to target the specific challenges of your organization at different levels of department, board or the whole organization. In this package, we apply the wholeness approach to change and organizational development. Through this, we make sure that everyone within your organization shares the same understanding of the working culture you desire and have the necessary tools to live it every day.
Introduction to Intercultural Competence and Service.
- Introduction to what intercultural competence is.
- Practical advice.
- The challenge of perceptions and stereotyping.
Understand and Compare Cultures
- Through research about cultural value dimensions we compare China with different countries.
- How is our own culture perceived by the Chinese and how that effect management and how to build relationship.
Specific Cultural Traits in China
- How Cultural identity and how history and society play a role in how Chinese often communicate, build relations and do business.
- The concept of Face (Mian zi) and what it means to give or lose your face in China.
Adapted Communication is Efficient Communication
- Communicative tips and tricks to avoid misunderstanding.
- Strategies to bridge the difference between more direct and indirect communication styles.