Intercultural Competence for Swedes
Build relations and understand how you can be perceived by others
This training is for Swedes who would like to achieve better results when working with people from other cultures.
To understand others you need to understand yourself. With interactive exercises filled with seriousness and humour, we discover how “the Land of Lagom” can be perceived by others. We practice to become more intercultural competent and avoid miscommunication and cultural clashes.
- Create common knowledge and understanding about intercultural competence and how Swedes and the Swedish workplace can be perceived by other cultures.
- Raise self- awareness and identify points to be improved and develop action plans.
- Improve communication and interaction in daily work situations.
A full day for 6-16 participants
Experience a workshop combining lectures and interactive exercises in a fun and interesting way.
We can customize this training program to meet your organization’s specific needs by adapting both the design and content. Below are examples of different training designs:
Half a day for 6-22 participants
These fun workshops are a combination of lectures and interactive exercises which introduce you to the chosen topic and provide enough knowledge for a basic understanding of it. We create engagement that enables you to identify areas for improvement.
1-4 days for 6-16 participants
In addition to providing basic information and simple understanding of the topic, this workshop provides practical skills. Lectures are varied with interactive exercises. The focus is on practicing communication and interaction skills that can be then used in practice in everyday work.
45-90 min in 1-2 days for 1-3 participants
Our consultations include personal and small group coaching, guidance, education and training. During our consultation time, we develop individual skills, strategies and give specific advice based on the clients’ own questions.
45-90 min per session for 1-3 participants
Our consultations include individual and small group coaching, guidance, education and training. During our consultation time, we develop individual skills, strategies and give specific advice based on the clients’ own questions.
20 min-2 hours for 10 to 300 participants
All our lectures are inspirational lectures that create enthusiasm for a new subject and the discovery of a new area of knowledge. We help you to see greater and better possibilities and motivate you to willingly make the needed changes needed.
We combine workshops, training material and strategic consultations to target the specific challenges of your organization at different levels of department, board or the whole organization. In this package, we apply the wholeness approach to change and organizational development. Through this, we make sure that everyone within your organization shares the same understanding of the working culture you desire and have the necessary tools to live it every day.
Introduction to Intercultural Competence
- Introduction to what culture and intercultural competence are.
- Practical advice about working across cultures.
- The challenge of perceptions and stereotyping.
Understand and Compare Cultures
- Through research about cultural value dimensions we compare Sweden with the different countries.
- How your own culture is perceived by others and how that effect interactions.
- Personal values, organizational values and cultural values.
Cultural Traits in Sweden
- How could Swedes and Swedish organizational culture be perceived by others?
- What do Swedes often need to enhance intercultural competence?
Adapted Communication is Efficient Communication
- Communicative tips and tricks to avoid misunderstanding.
- The art of adapting without losing yourself.
- Strategies to bridge the difference between different communication styles.
Intercultural Competence for our Organisation
- Through conversations and group exercises participants identify
- Is there anything”Typically Swedish”?
- Specific cultural traits that can have an effect on cultural meetings.
- challenging situations and process them with help of the models.
- Communication exercises to practice communication and to experience the others’ perspective.
- Practical strategy work for continued development of diversity and inclusion.